November 18–The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is encouraging travelers to take an active role in aviation safety when they fly this holiday season. Travelers can make their flight even safer by taking a few minutes to follow these guidelines:
- Pay attention to the flight attendant safety briefing at the beginning of your flight and read the safety briefing card. It could save your life in an emergency.
- Check with your airline to see when you can use Portable Electronic Devices (PEDs).
- Prevent in-flight injuries by following your airline’s carry-on bag restrictions.
- Buckle up. Keep yourself and your family safe by wearing a seatbelt at all times when seated.
- Use an approved child safety seat or device if your child weighs less than 40 pounds.
Travelers can find travel tips on the use of portable electronics and child safety, as well as the latest on airport status and delays at www.faa.gov/passengers. A video showing how to install a child safety seat on an airplane is available athttp://www.faa.gov/passengers/fly_children/#installingCRS